LIFTING CAPACITY LIMITER FOR BRIDGE CRANES
Lifting capacity limiter is a device that stops the operation of an overhead crane in the event that the mechanism lifts a load with a mass exceeding the permissible norm. It works automatically by acting on the control of the drive motor of the hoist mechanism.
- indication of the weight of the load in the grab
- taring unloaded scales
- “Falling asleep” at no load
- overload indication
- battery discharge indication
- real time clock
- storage of weighing results
- transmission of weighing results to a PC using wireless technology (option)
- indication of weighing results on a backup display with a radio channel (option)
- printing receipts on a compact printer (optional)
- transmission of information to the Internet via GPRS
Overhead cranes are equipped with electronic load limiters consisting of micro-current components, strain gauges and a processor. The load limiter installed on an overhead crane creates an effective safety system. Moreover, its design is maximally adapted to the operation of the lifting mechanism and does not require any modifications in the supports and winches.
The load limiter must be checked for proper function. The frequency depends on the terms indicated by the manufacturer. The check is carried out by lifting the test weight. Knowing that an increased load is being supplied, you should expect that the crane will block. If this does not happen, then you need to send the load limiter for diagnostics with subsequent repair.